Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Photos - Showtime Town Hall and St. Michael's Parish Church



Another two photographs this week.  This time a group photograph from a show put on in either the Town Hall or the Social Club in St. John’s Lane.  The year the photograph was taken poses difficulties for me, but I believe it was in the early 1960’s.  Anyway, the one clue I give you is that the group is made up of those participating in a show put on by the I.V.I.  Now tell me all you can about this photograph, what was the year, the name of the show, the venue and above all the names of those who posed on stage for the photograph all those years ago.

The second photograph goes back even further in time.  It shows people outside the main door to St. Michael’s Parish Church which occupied the site of the new church opened in 1964.  I recognise Joe Murphy, my neighbour from Offaly Street, and unless I’m very mistaken, Eamon McCauley wearing a Knights of Malta uniform stands next to Joe.  Can anyone tell me what was the occasion, the year and who are the others captured in the photograph?

No comments: